Friday, November 30, 2012

Saying Thank You Is Not Just Polite, It Can Generate Traffic


Hello; For every webmaster, blog owner, and business owner; the number one concern is generating more traffic. Whether that means more people coming through the doors of a brick and mortar store or bringing more visitors to your website; the question is how do I improve traffic. Well, today I'm going to show you how a simple thing like a thank you can bring in more visitors to your website or blog.

One of the things everyone tells you to do to promote traffic is to use the power of social media. This means joining networks like Facebook, MySpace, LinkedIn, Google+, merchant circle, etc. You are also supposed to create pages there and invite people to join your network or follow your page. And these are all very good strategies, but there is one thing most people are forgetting. These networks are still social meeting places. Politeness and manners should still apply. So, when someone sends you an invitation, accepts an invitation, decides to follow your page, or suggest you follow theirs, these should always be followed by a thank you. And in addition to being the right thing to do, it will also help you bring more people to your site. In many occasions this is an opportunity to get someone to see your blog or website that has never visited it before.

Here is what I do. I send them a short note thanking them and wishing them well. I ask a question based on their location or type of business. I offer to help. Depending on the type of business, I will mention that a free text link is available to them. If I know them or their family, I will ask after someone we have in common. If I know they are in the market for something, I may mention an item i have for sale. Then I close with the short form of my name to indicate friendship followed by a link to my site. You have to type in the whole URL including the http:// part. But, this way all they have to do is click that link at the bottom of your kind message.

This only takes me a few more seconds, and it has yielded great results. Many of the people I've thanked have not only visited my site; but they have been some of the most active visitors. What I mean is they looked at a higher number of pages and spent a longer than average amount of time. In some cases one of these thank you's has generated a sales lead; and a couple have even resulted in sales. I'm currently working with a gentleman from Australia who may buy a used tilt-a-whirl that he saw as a result of clicking the link to my site in a thank you note.

The best part is that since thank you's are so rarely sent or received; most people will not consider them spam. They will not complain to the system moderator or manager. The truth is I have had nothing but positive reactions. I get many that like my comments, send a friendly reply, or will mention me to their friends. Which is another opportunity. If someone says they heard about you from a friend or family member, be sure to find out who; so you can show them your appreciation. Its all about building a network of friends who may at some point help you with your business. Try sending out thank you messages and let me know how it works for you. I wish you the best of success with your online business.

Web Chat Agents   Internet Marketing - How To Build A Website With a High Conversion Rate - Part 2   What Should a Business Owner Be Aware of When They First Start Out Promoting Their Website?   Cost Per Action Facebook Ads   Calculate Your Website Value   



0 comments:

Post a Comment


Twitter Facebook Flickr RSS



Français Deutsch Italiano Português
Español 日本語 한국의 中国简体。